Our aim is to ensure our clients’ financial reporting complies with increasingly complex regulatory requirements, whilst also achieving their commercial and strategic objectives.
We add value by combining technical expertise with hands-on experience of complex projects such as GAAP conversions, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and corporate turnarounds.
In summary, Ellis FR offers a rare combination of expertise not only in finding the optimal technical solutions, but also in implementing and embedding them in clients’ businesses.
Our expertise encompasses IFRS, US and UK GAAP, so we can provide integrated advice to dual reporters.
Changes in accounting standards
We help companies interpret and implement accounting and financial reporting standards, including:
- IFRS 9 – Financial Instruments
- IFRS 15 / ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- IFRS 16 / ASC 842 – Leases
- IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- FRS 101 Reduced Disclosure Framework
- FRS 102 The Financial Reporting Standard Applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland
Other complex reporting issues
We also advise on other areas which usually give rise to financial reporting challenges, such as:
- Group reorganisations
- Complex consolidations
- Tax accounting and disclosure
- Purchase price allocation
- Share-based payments
- Post-employment benefits
- Intangible asset valuations
- Impairment reviews
- Financial instrument valuations
Our implementation of new accounting policies and practices often involves the following services:
- Designing and testing IT system changes
- Designing and implementing internal process and control improvements
- Mentoring and staff development
- Training and technical workshops
Outsourced accounts production
We also provide a recurring service of statutory accounts production, which includes:
- Annual statutory accounts produced effectively and efficiently
- iXBRL tagging of existing accounts
- Direct liaison with external auditors / tax advisers to minimise disruption to the client